Palestina - Israël

In addition to producing widespread destruction, injury, starvation, and death, the IDF bombardment of Gaza has caused massive and persistent power and communications disruptions, preventing most Gazans, including my surviving relatives, from reaching the outside world.

Today, for the first time in nearly three months, I was blessed to hear from a cousin in Gaza who continues to shelter at his family’s church.

He tells me (translated):

“No one can move to the south or north because of the closure of the crossings. The phone networks are almost cut off. Pray for us…

“The city has become a semi-desert, where there is no food or drink, and the price of what can be found has become 10-12 times the normal price…

“May God have mercy on us…

“We’ve had four months of no electricity in the city…

“I walked out of the church building [in October] less than a minute before it was hit, and whoever had been standing next to me was taken to God…

“There’s a white flag above the church now because we’re afraid of being hit again…

“It’s hard to leave here because the situation is so dangerous…

“As I’m speaking to you, there are quadcopters in the sky and a strike in the distance…”

Please pray for the people of Gaza, for all Palestinians and Israelis, for an end to the killing, for the release of hostages, for peace in the region and justice for all the people.

Mike

Forum statistieken

Onderwerpen
Leden
Nieuwste lid
Anne T
Word vaste donateur van dit forum
Terug
Bovenaan